Southside Child Development Center was founded in 1992 with the sole purpose of providing high-quality child care for the families in the Baton Rouge community and surrounding areas. One year after opening our doors, we became the first childcare center in Baton Rouge to be Nationally Accredited and we remained Nationally Accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) from 1993-2006. At that point, we transitioned to the Louisiana Quality Start Rating System because of the tax-deduction benefits offered to our parents. We currently have received 4 out of 5 stars. Some of the unique features Southside offers your family are listed below.
- Home visit before child begins
- Friendly, professional staff
- Outside play areas specifically designed for each individual class
- Diapers and wipes included in tuition
- Up to 10 hours of care 5 days a week